Sunday, October 19, 2008

50 mile pot holes

rivers are gushing mud and roads washed out.
After being holed up for days of 24hr non stop rain it finally broke so I made a go for the border. The pacific coast road to panama was awesome. coffee plantations, wicked forests, beautiful coastline and the gnarliest 50 mile pot-holed gravel stretch I could ever imagine. 100’s of thousands 1ft sized and some as big as a truck. it was a blast….amazingly going straight thru them at 50 mph is easier than trying to navigate at 5mph..… thank god for KTM suspension. 2.5 hr thrill ride.
if these rickety old bridges can hold up semi after semi what's up 35w
The paved part was cool too, breathtaking country .....

2 comments:

gottagotogrow said...

Mike,

Greetings from the Heartland. My wife and I (cousins Derek and Angie Berg)just caught up with your blog sent my some random family member. Now I want to jump on a bike and join you! We're glad this little sabatical is something that you can share with us all.

Stay safe, I know you will. And keep them culeros away from your wallet.

Derek and Angie Berg

Mike Haley said...

hey derek,
no culeros so far......hoping it stays that way!