Wednesday, October 15, 2008

pura vida

lunch at this bomber cafe on the way out of town


I arrived in Costa rica on sunday. by thursday(today) the news reported that this year is the all time high historical amount of rain. due in part to the hurricane in puerto rico and major storms in honduras and nicaragua. as such the roads are washed up and closed down...so im holed up. but let me say if you must be stuck somewhere...this is the place to be stuck. the pictures are of the first day. i assure you it looks different now. hopefully the rain will stop and the roads will open Most people have had someone at one point or another in their life that made a great impact, and as such they hold them in high regard. old college professor, wiser than wise grandpa, career mentor, religious figure, sports hero, superhero?….right now for me its my cousin Amanda and her husband Brian. as noted above, Im in costa rica and for the last few days they
they put me up in an amazing condo in Los Suenos Resort. As mentioned before it’s the rainy season and CR is getting nailed! after 36 days on the road, riding in this kind of rain is killer, so when I got to Jaco I was more than happy to see a familiar face and relax.
When I saw the resort where they live… forget it, I was ecstatic to hang and wait out the rain in this magical place. perfect cocktail for regrouping and gearing up for the continent jump to SA. views are dreamlike and the condo pure luxury. fishing, Surf, Golf, hike ,canopy , 4x4, you name it this place has it all and a super chill vibe.
Thank you again Brian and Amanda I hold you in the highest esteem and am ever grateful! anyone thinking to visit Costa rica let me know and i'll contact my cousin for you.... (probably not in October)…but highly recommended.
18 steps from my bedroom and 10 from the living room patio and the rain didnt stop me
Like the slogan suggests.... costa rica is pura vida. beautiful, filled with the kind of spirit everyone enjoys. People are cool, landscape is rich, coast is beautiful and nature spoils you to the point of making it hard to leave even in the rainy season which peaks in mid oct or now


name this song
repacked, sent some unneeded stuff home and went up to san jose to the first ligit ktm dealer in central america...after 6000 miles it needed some service but nothing major has gone wrong...knock on wood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I had those issues with my manager I mentioned back in 2009, I just knew I was going to lose my job (never did though). However, had I lost it, my plan was to move to Costa Rica for one year, even without ever having previously been there. I had my plan all researched and worked out. Then, like I said, the job survived, so no Costa Rica.... I still haven't seen much of the country outside of having some surgery in San Jose at one point ;)