Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a bugs life


had the bike serviced and checked over today at the KTM dealer in San Antonio and everything checked out good. I was lucky because they were the only dealer to have the spart parts i want to take (and have been trying to get all the way down before entering mexico) in stock. parts are 2x the price as soon as i leave the U.S. and availability will probably be scarce.
It took all of the morning and after talking with a few people i changed my border crossing plan from brownsville to Laredo, where I am now. I plan to cross and cruise down to Santillo or further tommorrow. Laredo is nice, not at all what I expected.

i rode thru a butterfly phenom today.... this area is in the midst of a butterfly migration. It was insane! Millions of them....Litterally raining butterflies most of way just outside of SA down to Laredo. Every 10 minutes or so I had to stop to wash off my helmet visor so I could see. What should have been a 2 hr ride took me 4. The whole front of the bike is COVERED.... shoulders of my jacket, my knees, helmet, saddle bags..... everything butterflies.

I had a guy comment on them at my first pull off and so i asked him to take a pic but it doesnt do justice to what it looks like now.
It was actually a cool experience, i just wish i wasnt moving at 75mph....... you should see the cars

No comments: