Saturday, September 13, 2008

Northern Texas



changing my path to avaoid hurricane Ike im heading to Austin, Texas for the weekend. It was a perfect day after I got out of the first hour of rain in the morning. You can start to see some of the geographical differences with reddish dirt, shorter trees, and HEAT. It was boiling duirng the peak part of the day, had to be pushing 100 degrees.
I rode on Route 66 for a little bit and came upon the Pop-pop-fizz-fizz museum that hosts the worlds largest pop bottle sculpture. Inside was every kind of soda you can imagine. met a biker there who had been riding back from Wiscosin and rides for a chapter called "riders against child abuse" old school harley guy, he must have been 75 and still riding across the country.

I met another rider at the Bmw dealership in Oklahoma City who was telling me about a ride he and his wife did 2up last summer.....48 states in 10 days! 8500 miles in 10 days.... 850 per day and they hit every state. Thats the most riding in a short period of time I have ever heard of. He said he drove and his wife videod and took pics from the back only stopping for food and sleep.

Further down the road i found a Texas sculptures personal Jurassic Park.....very cool...
he had a bunch of antique stuff too........



3 comments:

WakeGrace said...

did you see the man with the VW bug farm?!

im from oklahoma and live about ten minutes away from POPS. i tend to go about twice a month :D

welcome! and hope your trip goes safely! Stay dry!

SAVAGE said...

What's up Mikey? I found your website and will follow you down. I have your back if you need some help in Mexico - let me know- I can make a phone call to the Essah's

Mike Haley said...

Thanks...I'm liking Texas. Bummer I missed the vw farm!